NJFOA-North members and Snow Bowl Officials Coordinators Chris Malkin and Eric Nellesen are again looking for a few good men and women to step up and officiate for a great cause on March 9th, 10th and 11th; see below for all relevant information and please reply directly to either of them with your availability for this great cause:
DETAILS FOR VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL OFFICIALS: Please read whole post:
Please feel free to forward this email to any of your fellow football officials.
1. Five games will be played on field at the same time (30 minute games). Three officials minimum per each game but we usually use 6, the more the easier and less running & work for our officials. (working with your crew or others is your prerogative - feel free to make up a crew).
2. Each day begins at 7am with games beginning at 8:00 AM sharp. Preliminary rounds & Championships will be scattered all along the day, so we will have intermittent breaks during the day.
3. Officials will have a private room for officials only, not open to others where you can change, a hot breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks will be available with breaks throughout the day.
4. All logistics, rules and applications will be emailed week before tournament.
5. Please hold off on any questions until later on, hopefully we will be able to answer them at a later date after the final logistics meeting with SONJ, The New York Football Giants and Meadowlands Security.
Friday & Saturday Night Live: Games starting at 6:30 - last game at 10:30 PM on Friday, and 11:00 PM on Saturday.
Please respond in the following manner, keeping in mind that we will have the following weekend as our bad weather dates: March 16th, 17th and 18th.
Date(s), Day(s) & Period(s). (Working with a crew or others is your prerogative.)
March 9, 2018 - Friday: Morning / Afternoon / Evening / All Day (7 AM-10:30 PM).
March 10, 2018 - Saturday: Morning / Afternoon / Evening / All Day (7 AM - 11:10 PM).
March 11, 2018 - Sunday: Morning / Afternoon / Late Afternoon / All Day (7 AM - 7:10 PM).
Morning Session: 7 AM - 12 PM / Afternoon Session: 11 AM - 4 PM / Evening Session: 3 PM - 7:30 PM
Friday Evening Session: 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday Evening Session: 7:30 PM - 11:10 PM
Sunday Late Afternoon: 3 PM - 7:10 PM
Example of responses:
“Your Full Name” will be volunteering:
1. March 9,10 & 11 All Day.
2. March 9, 7am - 12pm & March 10, 11:00am - 7:30pm(two shifts).
3. March 11 Sunday 7am - 4pm (Two Shifts)
4. March 9, 10 & 11 7am - 12noon (all three days).
To avoid extra e-mailing to confirm who you are, it is important that you include your full name in the response, because some e-mails do not contain the sender's name; thanks!
Please hold off on any other questions until later on, hopefully we will be able to answer them at a later date.
Primary email responses should be forwarded to both Chris & Eric:
Chris – email@example.com
Eric – firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition - please fill out the form at the link listed below. If you are bringing a crew of officials, we need each official to fill out forms and to also respond back to us individually.
Snow Bowl Volunteer DocuSign application.
Eric Nellessen and I will be in charge of organizing officials with additional great help from our fellow officials:
Al Taliaferro, Ray Woody, Pat Giallombardo, Mike Rotter, Brian Corcoran, Larry Sotsky and Carl Graham.
Thank you all in advance for your friendship, dedication, time and support for such a great cause!
Chris Malkin & Eric Nellessen